This week, Ms. Pennington, our Physical Education teacher, and I are spending time with all classes reviewing expectations for making our playground a safe and fun place to be. During our lesson, we are reviewing a number of parts of our playground, including:
- Slides (one at a time, sit on your bottom, only go down the slide)
- Swings (sit on your bottom, swing forward and back, stop pumping and drag feet when possible to slow down)
- Tag (be in control when running, soft tag on back)
- Climbing wall (one person on wall at a time, climb all the way down when finished)
- Wood chips and sticks (Avoid throwing, running with, and swinging them)
- Equipment (Use balls and jump ropes for their expected purposes, share them, return them to the cart when finished)
- Include others (include other students who might be looking for someone to play with, let others play when they ask)
If you have a moment, consider asking your child how we can make our playground safe and fun for everyone. And when you are at the playground with your child, encourage them to follow the same expectations we use at Armstrong.
Thank you for helping to make our playground a fun, safe place to be.
School Counselor, Armstrong Elementary School
PH: 508-836-7760 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org